Maybe you work in the creative industry. Maybe you’re looking for some answers from life. Whatever your reasons, looking for inspiration is always a worthwhile endeavor because it means you’re open to discovering new perspectives, embracing personal growth, and finding the spark to drive positive change in your life.
Luckily, this can happen right in your home! How? Here are 4 home additions that make great sources of inspiration.
At first glance, to many, the purpose of indoor plants is aesthetics, maybe air purification. Yet, indoor plants not only add beauty to a space but also a certain connection to nature, inspiring thoughts of things like growth, resilience, and the cycles of life.
For example, nurturing a small bonsai tree on your windowsill can be a daily reminder of the remarkable journey of growth and adaptation it undergoes because as you care for the tiny tree and witness its branches flourish over time, it becomes a living symbol of your own capacity for growth and resilience in the face of life’s challenges; a tangible representation of the beauty that can emerge from patience and care.
How do you pick inspiring indoor plants? There’s really no wrong choice. Just choose plants that speak to you personally, whether it’s a lush, tropical plant that reminds you of a favorite vacation spot or a succulent that evokes a sense of minimalism and simplicity.
Few things have been a source of inspiration as much as literature so looking up bookshelf designs and filling one with literature is one of the easiest ways to gain a home addition that will ultimately be an endless source of inspiration. Imagine how each time you pick up a different book, you’re inspired to explore new worlds, gain new perspectives, or even work towards self-improvement.
Plus, you have endless choices when it comes to what books go on your bookshelf. Including:
- Timeless works like “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen or “Moby-Dick” by Herman Melville that add depth and literary tradition.
- Poetry collections for emotional resonance.
- Travel guides that transport you to foreign lands.
- Graphic artistry with graphic novels and comic books.
- Sacred texts that align with your religious beliefs.
Like books, art has always been a major source of inspiration because artwork, whether created by you or by others, can evoke powerful emotions and thoughts. Have you ever stood in front of a painting, captivated by the colors and brushstrokes, and found yourself transported to another realm? Have you ever been moved to tears by a sculpture that seemed to capture the essence of human emotion?
Art has the remarkable ability to transcend language and inspire on a profound level, a reminder of shared humanity and the boundless depths of human creativity.
Here’s how to find art that inspires you:
- Browse online art platforms and marketplaces that feature a wide range of artists and artworks.
- Consider taking art classes or workshops, even if you’re not an artist yourself because learning about different techniques and styles can help you better understand what inspires you.
- Explore art books, magazines, and catalogs for insight into the lives and works of artists for a stronger connection.
- Take time to reflect on your own experiences and emotions when viewing art. What colors, styles, or themes resonate with you?
- If you have a specific idea or concept in mind, why not commission an artist to create a custom piece that speaks to your inspiration?
Inspiration can be blocked and so having a dedicated meditative space is a good idea. From work deadlines to the constant buzz of daily life, it’s easy to become overwhelmed.
A meditation space in your home means having a refuge that allows you to release the mental blocks that hinder creativity and inspiration.
Plus, it’s relatively simple to create a home meditative space; choose a quiet corner, replace clutter with personal touches, add comfortable seating, and there you have it!
Really, inspiration can come from anywhere, so make your home a reflection of your passions and dreams.